Return to Ectarc

ECTARC Updates

Subscribe to receive course, workshop and funding updates.  

Captcha Image
Subscribe to: ECTARC Updates Subscriber List

Frequently Asked Questions


How long does the enrolment process take?

Processing of enrolments and distribution of learning materials takes 10 working days. If you have submitted qualifications and transcripts for credit transfer for consideration, the enrolment and distribution of learning materials will take 21 working days.  You can commence study as soon as you receive your package.  

Can I enrol in the CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care without completing the CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care?

Yes, under the new CHC training package you can enrol straight into the CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.

Methods of payment for units

You can enrol online using your credit card or by completing an enrolment form and posting it to ECTARC with a cheque or money order.  Additional units can be purchased at the ECTARC online shop with a credit card or by call the ECTARC office and giving the credit card details over the phone. If students wish to send a cheque for payment it must be accompanied with a completed Students Units Order form.

Does ECTARC offer student personal loans?

No, ECTARC offers students the opportunity to pay as they progress through their studies. It is an interest free, affordable option for financing your study.  A direct debit payment plan can be set up for each student.

Some financial institutions offer student personal loans. However, we strongly advise that you seek financial advice from a financial institution you can trust.  Be wary of financial institutions that charge extremely high interest rates and exorbitant fees.

Certified and Verified Document Requirements

The Australian Governments' Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s) 2015 requires RTOs, such as ECTARC, to authenticate VET qualifications, Statement of Attainments, transcripts and marriage certificates that are provided by students for the purposes of granting credit transfer or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). This means that students must provide original certified copies of qualifications, Statements of Attainments, transcripts and/or marriage certificates to ECTARC if they wish to apply for credit transfer of RPL.

What does certified mean?

A certified document means that you have had it sighted and signed by a Justice of the Peace. A Justice of the Peace (JP) is an independent and objective witness who can sign documents for people to use for official or legal purposes. Many post offices and banks have a staff member that is a Justice of the Peace. To find a Justice of the Peace in your area visit

Steps to certifying your documents

1. Photocopy your qualification, Statement of Attainment and/or transcript.

2. Find a Justice of the Peace.

3. You must take both the original document and the photocopy to the Justice of the Peace. They must sight the original document and sign the photocopy of your qualification, Statement of Attainment and/or transcript.

4. Post the signed photocopy of your qualification, Statement of Attainment and/or transcript to ECTARC.

Important note
  • Do not send originals of your documents to ECTARC - you need to send the JP signed photocopy of your documents to ECTARC by mail (not faxed or emailed).
  • Assessments will not be marked until certified copies of documents have been received by mail at the ECTARC office. Send to ECTARC, 2/210 Shellharbour Road, Warrawong, NSW, 2502.

What does verified mean?

To verify a document, the original must be seen, and the copy must be signed and dated by an employer, Director/Nominated Supervisor, ECTARC Training & Development Officer or ECTARC staff member. The person verifying the document must write on the document a statement that says "The original has been sighted. Verified by ", print their name, sign and put the date on the document. ECTARC requires that licences, passports and birth certificates are verified.

If you have any questions regarding the certification of documents please contact ECTARC on 02 4223 1111 or email

Unit Orders

How long does it take to receive a unit after purchase?

Units will be sent from the ECTARC office 10 working days once funds have been cleared.


What is the turnaround time for units to be marked and returned?

It will take 4 weeks for the marking and return of assignments.   

What if I receive a not yet competent result on my assignment?

If you receive a not yet competent result you have the opportunity to redo the assignment and resubmit it for a reassessment. Contact your Training & Development Officer for guidance.


How much detail needs to be written for each answer?

The amount of detail required for each answer in an assessment can vary depending on the question that is being asked. Some questions will require more in depth answers to answer the question completely whilst others may only require a short paragraph or sentence. 


Can I do my practicum at the place where I work? And what happens if I don’t have all the ages there?

Yes, you can complete your practicum at any regulated children’s service, so long as there is a qualified Workplace Supervisor (who holds a Children's Services/Early Childhood Education and Care Diploma qualification or above) to supervise and mentor you. This can be voluntary, casual or permanent work.

If the required ages are not at the service you are at, you will need to access another regulated children's service (of your choice) to complete the required hours for that particular age group. An ‘Advice of Practicum form’ is required to be completed and submitted to ECTARC if this applies.


How long after I've sent everything in, does it take for me to receive my certificate? 

It takes approximately 4 weeks for all assessment and administration processes to be completed before a certificate is issued. 

Trainees must submit the final assessment and a signed Traineeship Record Book before a certificate can be issued.